Ivanka Trump, daughter and heiress of real estate and T.V. mogul, Donald Trump, was raised a Presbyterian, according to sources indicating that her father is and has been a devout Presbyterian.1 Ivanka was born on October 30, 1981 in New York City to Donald and Ivana Trump.
However, Christianity didn’t really stick for Ivana. In 2008, after a long courtship with Jewish real estate mogul, Jared Kushner, Trump converted to Judaism so the couple could wed.2 Now, the paparazzi consider it a story when they see her going to synagogue,3 but she’s not too keen to talk much about her faith.
The Trump Card
Ivanka’s father, Donald, is loud and proud about his politics. He’s a socially and fiscally conservative Republican and a constant thorn in Obama’s side. Donald has proclaimed himself pro-life, anti-gay marriage and very anti-Obama. At times, his stunts–such as demanding Obama’s birth certificate to prove he is in fact an American citizen, garner quite a bit of criticism. And Ivanka is asked to either condemn her father or defend him. She defends him.4 It’s enough to assume she’s probably a conservative Republican as well.
Luckily we don’t have to assume. She endorsed Mitt Romney for president in 2012.5
She did throw a party for, and donate $40,000 to, Democratic New Jersey Senate candidate, Cory Booker, in 2013.6 So, maybe she switched teams? We’ll just have to keep our eyes peeled and let us know in the comments if anything interesting happens.
This post written by Ryan Branton and Tom Kershaw
- Donald Trump on Faith: I am a Christian, Sunday Church Person. Christian Post. [↩]
- Report: Tycoon Donald Trump’s daughter converting to Judaism. Israel News. [↩]
- Paparazzi catch Ivanka Trump going to synagogue (we’re pretty sure). Jewish Telegraphic Agency. [↩]
- Ivanka Trump on her father, husband and daughter – The View. YouTube. [↩]
- Ivanka Trump endorses Romney, praises his ‘business intelligence.’ The Hill. [↩]
- Ivanka Trump switches teams for Cory Booker. ABC News. [↩]