Lucy Hale was born in Memphis, Tennessee and grew up there and in Los Angeles, California.
Hale is definitely some kind of Christian, but what denomination remains unclear. Considering over 30% of Memphians belong to the Baptist church,1 that seems like a pretty good bet. But regardless, Hale is clearly devout.
And then there’s her Twitter account. She apparently follows Joel Osteen, a televangelist, and retweets little gems from him like this one:
God would not have put a dream in your heart if He had not already given you everything you need to fulfill it.4
Hale doesn’t talk much about politics, but it seems she’s a Democrat by default since she’s a supporter of, first, Barack Obama, and second, gay marriage. And like so many celebrities, it’s Twitter that reveals all. On election night in 2012, after Obama’s victory was announced, she tweeted:
Especially proud to be an American tonight.7
And then regarding the rallying cry du jour of the socially liberal, she retweeted,
if gay marriage affects your straight marriage obviously your marriage is pretty shitty to begin with.8
But that’s about it on Hale’s political involvement. She’s involved in a couple of charitable organizations that help improve the lives of kids in foster care9 and grant wishes to terminally ill adults.10 But those are just about as politically divisive as apple pie.
So even though Hale isn’t quite as vocal or active in the liberal machine as some of her Hollywood peers, she’s still a Democrat in our books.
- Religion in Memphis, Tennessee. Best Places. [↩]
- Lucy Hale: Pretty Talented Lady. Portrait Magazine. [↩]
- Pretty Little Liars Secrets: A Q&A with Lucy Hale. College Magazine. [↩]
- Lucy Hale tweets: RT @ JoelOsteen … Tweetwood. [↩]
- Lucy Hale tweets: RT @ Travis Garland … Tweetwood. [↩]
- Prayer Tweets – Lucy Hale Twitter. Twylah. [↩]
- lucyhale: Especially proud to be an … Twitter. [↩]
- Lucy Hale tweets: RT @kunisswift … Tweetwood. [↩]
- Pretty Little Liars – Join Lucy Hale for a Christmas Charity Benefit. Wet Paint. [↩]
- Pretty Little Liars star Lucy Hale’s bracelets for charity. Gossip Girl. [↩]