Bella Thorne was born in Pembroke Pines, Florida. She grew up there and in Los Angeles, California.
This young actress is definitely a deeply devoted Christian, but I couldn’t pin down which denomination. She’s a frequent church-goer, and apparently has her own set of beliefs. We just don’t know exactly what those are:
I go to church almost every Sunday. My beliefs may not be the same as other people in my church or even in my family.1
Twitter is like an open religious forum for Thorne. She’ll tweet pictures of herself at church,2 tell her fans that the Bible was the book that changed her life,3 and she fairly frequently tweets religious phrases like this one:
“God places the heaviest burden on those who can carry its weight.”4
So she’s making it pretty clear that religion is a huge part of her life, even if she hasn’t shared yet exactly what the details of her faith entail.
A Liberal in the Making
Thorne is a little young to have a very well-developed set of political beliefs, but all signs point to liberal. She tweeted a congratulations to Barack Obama after winning his second term as president in 2012.5
It’s possible that as she gets older she’ll get into the animal rights movement since she’s a self-proclaimed animal lover. And she mentioned PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) in a tweet about evacuating animals during Hurricane Sandy in 2012.6
She is also involved with the anti-bullying organization Stomp Out Bullying. She has personal experience with the issue since she was bullied as a kid for being dyslexic. She said about her experiences as a global ambassador for the organization,
I’ve been to lots of schools and I’ve talked to [kids] about bullying and it’s so sad every time I go there. There are always so many kids that talk about how they’ve been bullied so much in their school, and that breaks my heart.7
It sounds like we could have the makings of a bleeding-heart liberal Hollywood star on our hands, but as she gets a little older, we’ll just have to wait and see.
- Exclusive Interview: Disney star Bella Thorne talks about being the new Teenie on Big Love. Examiner. [↩]
- Bella Goes To Church and Garret Snowboards. Disney Infonet. [↩]
- Bella Thorne Lyrics. Fanity. [↩]
- bellathorne: “God places the heaviest … Twitter. [↩]
- Bella Thorne Congratulates President Obama For Winning The Election November 6, 2012. Dis411. [↩]
- Bella Thorne mentioning peta on twitter. Tweetwood. [↩]
- ‘Shake It Up’ Star Bella Thorne On Teen Bullying: ‘I Know How Much It Sucks.’ Huffington Post. [↩]